Carroll family circus

Each new day is a day worth waking up for.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ok I don't know why I have been thinking about this lately, my kids have been just fine this year, as far as I know, but last year we had some problems. So I found some info on bullying that I think every parent should talk over with their kids!

1. Talk to your child about BEING A LEADER and not a follower.
2. Teach them to NOT ACCEPT bullying in their group of friends.
3. Teach them that it is RIGHT to stand up for somebody being picked on.
4. Teach them that it is kind and good to SEEK OUT those that aren't being included, and include them in activities, the lunch room, parties, etc.
5. Tell them it is RIGHT to report bullying to the teachers.
6. Teach them it's MORE IMPORTANT to do what's right than to be popular.
7. ASK THEM about their friends and how they treat others.
8. TELL THEM about how bullying and having no friends can affect children.
9. SHOW THEM by example how to be considerate and thoughtful of others feelings.
10. KNOW the signs of bullied children and be open-minded that YOUR child might be the bully.
* NEVER DO NOTHING! *

Ok enough of my parenting advice for one day.

No comments:

slide

music