Carroll family circus

Each new day is a day worth waking up for.

Monday, June 13, 2011

swim meet and summer reading program!!!!

 Joey had another swim meet this weekend, He did pretty good!!! And finally I was able to get close enough to get some decent pictures!! Here he is doing his least favorite stroke, the breast stroke, but he is improving at it all the time!
 And his all time favorite the freestyle! he barely comes up to breath!
 My favorite to watch because I can't do it without drowning myself, the butterfly! He looks so awsome doing it And check out his wingspan!! His arms are so long! He was so good at this one.
 And here is the little thief who kept taking my sunglasses all day! at least he was so cute, I couldn't get mad!
And our little setup to watch the meet, here are salt and pepper comparing drinks, who's was the most full! they were having a blast!
 pics were a little out of order here, but just to show how wore out the kids were! yea it was a long day!
 This is a pic of the sun I took, kinda sweet huh! it has a rainbow around it! It was amazing, maybe you fellow idahoans will see it on the news soon, I submitted it :)
 So, I started this summer reading program, and it has really taken off in my family, I got the idea from a friends blog, so thanks emily! So for every 10 pages my kids read, they get a sticker,, and for every 10 stickers they get a treat! they have been reading like CRAZY!!! its amazing I should have done it during school, lol.
 look joey is acutally reading a book, not my first choice in books, but a book!!!
Here are our reading charts, and our prize jars, fun, fun, fun, the kids are so going to be ready for school next year!!!

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Love the reading program, I might have to do that one. Way to go Joey!

Lisa said...

LOVE the reading program! I think I need to start that too!

Jodi said...

Joey looks great and I am impressed with his butterfly!

Marilyn said...

Barrett didn't like to read either when he was younger. But some time in middle school that all changed. Barrett is always found reading a book now. Hopefully Joey will find that books are fun too.

Shannon said...

I am stealing your reading program, and incorporating with practicing piano! Thanks!

slide

music